Saturday 21 March 2009

He is a bit Special

During my association with QiLin FC, I have encountered many many talents. But there are only a few that really caught my eye. One of them is Willy Thompson.

Born is Detroit, Michigan on January 1995, he makes his debut for QiLin FC in 27th January 2007. That is the first time I saw him play and its against our biggest rivals in Shanghai, AKS.
After that game, this is what I have to say on one of my blogs in a forum, written on 27th Jan 2007

" Today is also a debut for a kid just sign with our club..His name is Willy..and is a great great addition to my squad..Strong midfield player.have a good technique in hitting the ball...and also his vision of the game is really good..and to cap off the perfect debut..he scored a cracker...Brilliant stuff "

Fast forward, 2009. Indeed my view of him as a good player is totally correct. Spot on ! He is currently playing for the QiLin FC U14 team and also a team mate of mine in the Senior Team.
He is also a part of the U12 and U14 Championship team that is unbeaten in the Shanghai International Youth League.

Click Here for his full profile

At his age, he is at a very important stage. In my playing days, I have seen many great talents drop out from football. He will need all the guidance, all the support in order to progress well. And besides that, I do hope our own football system will not hamper his progress. I will touch on that later on in my coming article.

And we still have a few young talents from the club that looks like will dominate their age group such as Nicholas De Vriese, wing wizard for the U12 team, Kosuke Namekata from Japan, 10 years old, currently playing in the U12 team and Charlie Thompson, another talented U12 player.

If you are in Singapore on the 24th April 2009, you can catch our young talents in action during the ANZA International Football Tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment