Thursday 19 March 2009

Hattrick of good news !

First of all, I am a big big Liverpool fan, so me blog gotta have some Liverpool news in it.

First off, we beat the mighty Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield. Not that mighty anymore.

Second, we stuff 4 past the Mancs at and this is a sweet one. Long time coming..

And the third one, news just in earlier today that Rafa has signed the extension of his contract that will keep him at Liverpool till 2014. With Rick Parry departing, I would say Rafa will have total control in bringing players in. Villa, Silva, Barry..the name goes on. We need these players in order to win the Premiership. No doubt about it.

Picture courtesy of Liverpoolfc.tv

Here is what Rafa have to say after signing the extension

"My heart is with Liverpool, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Benítez, whose reign has yielded a European Cup and an FA Cup.

"I love the club, the fans and the city, and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time, and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool. The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history. Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

This is fantastic news for all supporters of Liverpool. I know there are doubters out there, but I do believe Rafa is the man to bring the Premiership back to Anfield. In Rafa we trust


No comments:

Post a Comment