Sunday 14 June 2009

The Boys Really Wants It....for me

Yesterday was my last game in charge with my U12 boys. Although we ended up as runners up, I am still very proud of my boys. They really really wanted to win the QiLin Cup for me especially knowing that was my last game with them. I have to tell you that I never felt this kind of sadness having to leave these boys.

When the match when into penalties, Nick kept asking me what if we lose...I told him, don't worry about it. What ever happens, I am still proud of you boys. What most important is all of you fight hard. I can see that all of them wants to win it. Not for themselves, but for me. Then I walked to Toby, our goalkeeper..and tell him " This is it Toby..Lets do this "...then i paused. There was this surge of emotion I have never felt before...I was choked and I can't continue my encouragement for Toby. It will be very weird for Toby to see his fiery coach suddenly in tears. I think reality hits me hard at that time, knowing that was my last match with the boys. Although I only have a brief stint with the U12 boys, but the attachment is so strong that it seems I have been with them forever.

I had my great times with the club..when we 1st started I coached the U12 boys back in 2006. We won the U12 division of Shanghai International Youth Football League unbeaten. Then I continue on with them in the U14..and again won the Shanghai International Youth Football League unbeaten as well. I wish I had more time with my current U12 boys as I am sure I will bring them championships. There are a lot of talents there..top boys in their age group.

I am pretty sure I am gonna miss the boys...miss the routine. And I do hope the boys will miss my " Come On boys..lets go!! " or " Where is the width and depth " or " Where is the shape "...

I wish all my boys good luck..and I won't be saying goodbye....I will say SEE YOU AGAIN

1 comment:

  1. cup dah habis, skang ni season change ke Juan?
    bape result penalty tuh? nak tau gak.

    ReplyDelete